Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Some sort of perfection

Today I was told I am "perfect" and it was not by my adoring husband or children! It was said by Lars, my bodymind hero. I actually asked him what is it going to take to get me to my goal? Why can't I just do it, just dream it and do it? That is when he said "you are perfect..."

So I heard the word "perfect" and all time stopped. His mouth was moving but all I was hearing was the word "perfect". Now this is just crazy talk - I am NOT perfect. I know that for a fact. At that moment, my heart sank, I was fighting back tears. Why on earth would anyone but my husband/children/my mother, say that. He let me chew on that for a moment. I asked myself, what is perfect? What is my perfect? Oh, I can see, the sunkist, tanned, rockhard body, ready for a Playboy centerfold! Come on, that is all what we think about. Walking down some exotic beach in a string bikini with the perfect breasts and tight ass, not a millimeter of cellulite. I can tell you that I think I missed the boat on that one - no perfect breasts anyway after 2 kids and weight gain!

Lars went on to tell me that the reason I am perfect is where I am at in my life. I am a mother to 2 beautiful girls, wife to an amazing husband, business owner of a truly a kick ass company, soccer coach, personal trainer, instructor, etc, the list goes on. With all that I have, it means nothing if I am not happy. And guess what, I am happy!!! I have so many things in my life that fulfill me. Another part of that perfect is that I have to tools to deal with stress, I am very aware of myself and those around me. So this is my perfect. Now Lars says once you reach perfect, your goal is just that much easier, more attainable. Lol! I went from gasping for air, almost bawling, confused, to breathing a sigh of relief. I could actually take breath and breathe.

Just throw that perfect centerfold in the recycle bin, and relax. That is what I am going to do. I know I am going to sleep better tonight. The giant, ugly monster of perfection is behind me. Okay, it has only been 12 hours, I better let all of this sink in first!

Also, I didn't hit the treadmill, I did a CardioFunk and a little Bollywood dance class with Jayla's soccer team (all 11 year old girls). I had such a blast shaking my jelly roll like I was Britney Spears with the young girls. I even moved from the back of the class to the front because I didn't want to miss a thing. I don't think I knew that my hips could do that much shaking, I know the girls didn't know that! We will see how I feel tomorrow. This could be fun for more adults! I giggled the whole hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks! I appreciate all comments, make feel like I am not alone.

Holly